Do you need something shipped as quickly as possible? Multiple shipping options are available for businesses looking to coordinate a pick-up or delivery within a short timeframe. Typically, this means either emergency, expedited, or same-day shipping.
Though expedited and emergency shipping both focus on getting cargo where it is needed as quickly as possible, these services are not interchangeable, and the ideal service will depend on the individual circumstances of your shipment. The best freight shipping companies will work with you to stumble on the most promising shipping solution for your cargo, timeline, and budget, including:
- Coordinating special equipment or vehicles, such as refrigerated trucks for temperature-controlled medical supplies, or air-ride suspension for fragile machinery
- Professional moving crews with experience transporting your cargo, including fragile, valuable materials
- Dedicated customer service and timely updates on the status of your shipment
Learn more about emergency & expedited shipping and when to use each service.
Understand Expedite Shipping
The main goal of expedited shipping is to fast-track the shipping process to get your cargo to its final destination as quickly as possible, making this service ideal for time-sensitive delivery and last-minute shipment. Businesses and private citizens can utilize expedited shipping. Unlike emergency shipping, almost anything can be transported using expedited shipping services.
Time-sensitive deliveries may include:
- For businesses
- Trade show materials
- Temporary office equipment
- Covering gaps in your regular delivery service (for instance, if you have extra holiday shipments)
- Shipping parts and supplies needed to repair critical machinery
- Transporting supplies to medical facilities
Last-minute shipments may include:
- For businesses
- Rush orders from customers
- Express deliveries
- Inventory replenishment to meet a manufacturing deadline
- Replacing incorrectly shipped items or items that were damaged in transit
Typically, fast-tracking the process of shipping is achieved in one of two ways:
- Streamlining truck freight by ensuring that the trucks do not stop along the way to reload (common for LTL shipments), or by using two drivers who work shifts.
- Sending cargo utilizing direct or indirect air freight.
Expedited shipments typically take two to three business days and can be utilized for long-distance domestic and international shipments.
When to use expedited shipping services?
- Last-minute shipments include rush orders from customers, inventory replenishment, or express deliveries.
- Time-sensitive deliveries include trade show materials, supplies required to make critical repairs, and medical supplies.
Understand Emergency Shipping
Emergency shipping services specialize in getting life-saving supplies as quickly as possible. Businesses can use emergency shipping services to send goods, supplies, and resources to locations impacted by events such as earthquakes, wildfires, hurricanes, and much more. The following are some of the most shipped items:
- Construction materials
- Heavy equipment
- Medical supplies
C5 Expedite offers both local and long-distance shipping services throughout the United States. We can get cargo and supplies where they are needed.
When to use emergency shipping services?
The following are some of the times when you can use emergency shipping services:
- If you are shipping supplies out of a disaster zone, such as items for a skilled nursing facility, to a safe area outside the path of the storm
- If you are shipping supplies to an evacuation zone
- If you are shipping supplies and recovery materials into a disaster area
If you are also searching for a leading company that offers expedited shipping in Wisconsin Rapids, do not hesitate to contact C5 Expedite. To find out how we can help you, feel free to give us a call at 715 887 3500 today!